Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gibraltar







So things are going well. Sunday night we went out in downtown Marbella. It is a really cute town and it was very quiet, but fun to wander around. We had dinner at a really cute restaurant, but I wasn't a huge fan of the food. Mollie and I split the Pallela which was way too fishy for me...I'm not sure if it was just the place, or thats how it is over here. Blah! We had a couple great bottles of wine and then came back to the room to hang out and attempt to go to bed early since we wanted to venture out the next day. We had to catch an 8:30 bus which was a little painful and Mollie's alarm didn't go off so we ended up missing it and decided to rent a car. Your's truly is the only one who knows how to drive a stick so I was voted driver. I was a little nervous at first, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!
We arrived in Gibraltar around 10am. We couldn't figure out why there was so much traffic, then realized everyone was waiting to go through customs. We decided it would be best to park on the Spanish side and then walk across the border...first smart move of the trip! We wandered around the cute town and had lunch at Gibraltar Arms. We sat outside, but then it started to rain and since we were there for two hours we opted to move inside! I think we are all having a hard time not worrying about time and realizing life is a little slower in these parts! We took a tour of the rock...we saw the Hercules pillars...from this spot you could look across the water and on the left is Africa and to the right Spain...it is pretty cool!

We also went into the caves which were interesting, but the best part was the amphitheater in the first one! Then we went and saw the Monkeys... I of course was terrified and just wanted to stay in the car!The views however were awesome! We were exhausted by the end of the tour so ended up getting back in the car and venturing home. We realized on the way home we had no idea what exit would get us back to our hotel so we ended up wandering around and saw more of the downtown area which is very cute! The weather is pretty mild, it rained a lot yesterday and is supposed to continue until Friday...I am hoping the report is lying. If not Mollie and I purchased some very stylish ponchos that I am very eager to wear again!

No comments: