Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I've arrived in Portugal!

So I have been without a computer since Friday and now am using my friend Jills until I figure out what is going on with mine and can upload pictures. We have been doing a lot of fun stuff! Last thursday Mollie and I went to Granada... it was a two hour bus ride which wasn't bad. We went to the Alambra which was beautiful and I will defintely get the pics up as soon as possible! we were very excited about getting our first bocodillos and casually eating lunch under a tree. We didn't get to stay as long as I would have liked because we had to get back to our hotel since we flew out early the next morning for Barcelona. We should have taken all our stuff and flew out of Granada instead, but none the less it was a great trip.

Mollie and I got into Barcelona around 9am on Friday. We couldn't check into our hotel since it was so early, so we dropped off our stuff and wandered. We had coffee at a little cafe and wandered down Las Ramblas...it is crazy! (the sell Pigeons!!!) We popped into various stores and watched the street vendors then we had sangria and a little snack later in the day before heading back to the hotel for a siesta. (I LOVE THOSE!) That night we treated ourselve to a nice dinner in the Porto Olymico area...it was the first meal I really enjoyed. I had a grilled calamari with mushrooms and artichoke hearts mollie had a pallea that I enjoyed! Then we went out dancing and saw the nightife. We also explored the Park Guell which was awesome! then we went through the bari gottic area...we were there on sunday which was cool because there were so many people dancing outside the cathedral! It was great people watching. We went to the beach and then snuck into the ritz carlton for a few glasses of Champagne. We had a mellow dinner and then went out for a few drinks. All and all Barcelona was awesome! I am just touching on it right now because I want to head to the beach :) My last day alone was awesome.. I had a long lunch alone and then went to the park and read a book all afternoon before heading to the airport! It was the first time I really realized I am on quite an adventure!

I got into Lisbon at 9pm last night and getting the cab was interesting... No English...no Spanish! The cab driver and I were doing a lot pointing! I got to my new place and took a tour...it is darling! I woke up this morning to beautiful skies and and then Jill and I took a long walk along the water. I will get the pics soon I promise! I think I could get used to this! More to come...hope all are well!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Friend, that sounds amazing! Nothing like walking along the water first thing in the morning:) Start the uploading, thanks! XoXo