Saturday, April 19, 2008

Update - from Portutal

I've added the links to pictures on the left hand side...check them out! there are pictures of the Alhambra in Granada and also pics from Barcelona. Lisbon is awesome! Jill and I went into town on Thursday. It is about a 25 min train ride from where we are staying. We had a traditional piri piri chicken lunch which was awesome and I have been dreaming about it ever since! Jill accidently tipped over the tray of chicken on the floor and we wanted more but the language barrier was a bit much so I ended up shower the cute little waiter the picture after he tried to bring us the floor chicken in a too go! He giggled and brought us more. Everyone is SOOOO friendly and helpful! After lunch we accidently took ourselves on a little pub crawl because it was pouring outside! It is supposed to start clearing up on Monday but we decided this morning that we are going to get a 15 day Eurorail pass and go see some places before people start visiting! I am very excited.
Yesterday I locked myself out of the house and locked Jill inside! It was a little tramatic, but Megan (the daughter of the lady whose house we are staying at) came over with two of her kids and they helped us out! Her kids are adorable and I may just offer to be her nanny and stay forever! Venturing out today...we'll see where the day takes us! Loving every minute so far and nice that we don't have to stress time since we have plenty of it!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love your site Lisa! I had so much fun looking through your photo albums. It looks like you and Jill are having, and will continue to have a great time. How amazing is it that your new "home" has views of the ocean!!! You are a lucky girl : )